Friday, January 11, 2008

everything you wanted to know about the CFS but were afraid to ask

Infamous (at least amongst geeky student union types like me) student blogger Titus Gregory has scanned an compiled a complete history of Canadian Federation of Students AGM minutes and errata for your viewing pleasure. He has some of the audits and budgets in there but not all, as well as some executive reports. Check it out at:

http://www.studentunion.ca/2008/01/from-1981-founding-congress-to-november.html#links

A recent motion at their AGM directed the CFS to post their governing documents on line, which is great news for members that aren't hanging out amongst the binders and files of their student union at all hours. However, I do find it hard to get to the documents on the CFS site (I can't find a place where it is linked to the main page) and also by using Google, so for GSS members I posted a link on our GSS site in the "Campaigns and Governance" section here ... which links to the CFS documents here: http://www.cfs-fcee.ca/html/english/about/documents.php

Fascinating, I know! Ok back to becoming a YoYo Master (see below). Expecting to get my YYM this year!




No comments: